We’ve been playing the Hearthstone beta non-stop for a couple weeks now, and it’s time to talk about what we think. Love, hate, jealousy, and creepy goo falling on my fingers–we talk about it all!
We got some of you into it alongside us with last week’s giveaway, and we’re told we’ll have another batch of beta keys to give out next week. Be sure to keep an eye on the site for more info soon!
- Watch our livestreams of the Hearthstone beta!
- Win a beta key from Blizzard
- Read all the info about the beta
- Sign up for the beta if you don’t get a key!
- Dan and Derrick are on the show this week
- Topic: Beta
- Reasons to be happy this week: Teeth, goo, beta
Beta Key contest
- The current batch of keys are all in the hands of listeners
- We’ll have new keys next week to give away
- Reading of some of the best letters submitted
Have you spent money yet?
- How reimbursement works for beta purchases
- Derrick: None spent yet
- Dan: $50 bundle, only opened some
- Josh: Bought his $50 40-pack bundle Friday morning. You can watch it here: will open all of them on a livestream soon!
Coolest card you’ve actually used in-game so far
- Josh: Sap, Novice Engineer
- Derrick: Water Elemental, Conceal, Mark of Nature, Ironbark Protector
- Dan: Explosive Trap, Multi-Shot, Gurubashi Berserker
Is a meta emerging already?
- Draw and Taunt too good?
- Counter: don’t undervalue minions
Thoughts on Matchmaking
- Decided by player skill/level or deck skill/level?
- Anecdotal experience so far
- How balanced has it been for you in PvP + Arena?
What’s your record like?
- Josh: Probably losing more than I’m winning by a small margin. I was probably around a 70% win rate the first week. This past week has been closer to 30% in PvP. EVERYone seems to have tons of cards, and I’m still using the starter decks. Big disadvantage.
- Dan: I think now about back to .500 Started 5-1 then got destroyed, 1st arena (mage) was 0-3! new one (Shammy 1-0 so far)
- Derrick: Losing a lot. More than half which makes me angry – but perhaps the competition is good? Or … 🙂
Highest one-turn damage possibility:
- Josh: Shaman deck, the most powerful Windfury minions all on the board, double Bloodlust, swing out
- Derrick: Single cards w/ massive AoE potential like Flamestrike. Or ones that make me hate Priests like Holy Nova. But also just filling the board, throwing out some sort of buff (there are many) and swinging for 15.
- Dan: I had a Warrior blast me for 16 or so in one turn. Tons of minions
- Congratulation to Nate, the winner of the first-ever Happy Hearthstone duel
- Nathan beats a mage with 2 sheep. Amen!
- We want to arrange a full tournament soon. Ideas on how to manage it are welcome!
- iTunes Review: Alan91330
Card of the Week:
Song by Joe Henshaw
- Follow Dan on Twitter
- Follow Derrick on Twitter
- What you want to see in future episodes
- What hosts you want to visit the show