Open beta is here! Everyone in the world can play Hearthstone now, and we’re eager to help the new players have fun and find the perfect class for them in game.
My wife — who is not a gamer — joins me on this week’s show to talk about Hearthstone from the perspective of someone not very familiar with card games or video games. Longtime listeners will remember Jenna from the second episode of the show, back in April of last year.
We talk about what veteran players can do to help their non-gaming friends jump into Hearthstone with them, and take a trip down memory lane to discuss old versions of cards as we figure out what class is right for Jenna.
We hope this show gives you some tips for how to introduce your own family and friends into Hearthstone, no matter how few games they’ve played before!
- Watch our livestreams of Hearthstone matches!
- Read the latest patch notes
- Download the game right now!
- Jenna is on the show this week
- Topic: Finding the right class for you!
- Reasons to be happy this week
- The tutorial
- Mana, creatures, combat
- Sound effects
- Excitement level
Overpowered, Underpowered, or Okay?
- Read all of the old patch notes
- Unleash the Hounds
- Mind Control
- Angry Chicken
- Battle Rage
- Imp Master
- Sunfury Protector
- Captain Greenskin
Pick One Card
- Novice Engineer vs Loot Hoarder
- Ancient Watcher vs Mad Bomber
- Arcane Golem vs Stranglethorn Tiger
- Sunwalker vs Avenging Wrath
- Arcanite Reaper vs Explosive Shot
- Counterspell vs Snake Trap
- Deathwing vs Onyxia
Picking Your Class
- 10 questions
- Your perfect class is…
- Question from Derrick: Do you talk about Hearthstone with other people?
- Question from Nate: Will you try PvP?
- Question from Jennifer: How to get a family member into the game?
- iTunes Review: Mcilvafr and Dubrx!
Card of the Week
Song by wojciech
- Follow Jenna on Twitter
- What you want to see in future episodes
- What hosts you want to visit the show