Late game Paladin gets redefined with this week’s deck! Heals, minions, Divine Shield, resurrections — if you don’t stop this Paladin deck before turn 7, he’s got a freight train of pain heading directly to your face.
But Scott’s Survival Paladin deck is famous for surviving in a different way. Which Paladin deck will reign supreme when they battle head-to-head on the show?
- Watch the hilarious trailer for the new expansion!
- Vote for which expansion cards get revealed next!
- Get started with Hearthstone esports by watching these two matches: Savjz vs. Kolento and Savjz vs. Xixo
- Watch the Finals of the 2014 Hearthstone World Championship!
- Watch our livestreams of Hearthstone
- Play Hearthstone right now!
- Scott is on the show this week
- Topic: Hot Paladin-on-Paladin deck battle action!
- Reasons to be happy this week
- News: Gnomes vs. Goblins card reveals
What is a Deck Battle?
Once a month, a guest host brings their favorite deck onto the show to battle the current reigning champion deck for control of the Happy Hearthstone Deck Battle Throne!
If the challenger wins the best-of-3 series, their deck becomes the new Reigning Champion Deck and will fight off future challengers until it loses, or until it’s earned its place in the Happy Hearthstone Hall of Fame!
Defending Deck: Scott’s Survival Paladin deck wins by spewing cheap hard-to-kill and regenerating minions onto the battlefield. His deck has reigned supreme for 4 months, and has beaten 1 deck before this episode.
Challenger Deck: Josh’s Last Standin Paladin deck is a super-lategame Paladin deck that stalls out with simple spells and minions and then floods the board with fatty minions that overwhelm the opponent.
- 1x Acidic Swamp Ooze
- 2x Argent Protector
- 2x Earthen Ring Farseer
- 2x Shade of Naxxramas
- 2x Spellbreaker
- 1x Faceless Manipulator
- 1x Feugen
- 2x Sludge Belcher
- 1x Stalagg
- 2x Guardian of Kings
- 1x Stormwind Champion
- 1x Gruul
- 1x Kel’Thuzad
- 1x Alexstrasza
- 1x Sea Giant
I really like this deck because it uses very few high-quality cards that you can’t get from the Naxxramas dungeon. But in case you don’t have some of the ideal cards, here are some easy-to-get backups you can use that keep with the same theme and strengths of the deck. I’ll also add a few upgrades in case you have the more rare cards that I don’t have (but wish I did).
- Boulderfist Ogre (Replace Gruul, Alexstrazsa)
- Frost Elemental (Replace Sea Giant)
- Acidic Swamp Ooze (Replace Sword of Justice)
- Aldor Peacekeeper (Replace Acidic Swamp Ooze)
- Lay On Hands (Replace Stormwind Knight)
- Tirion Fordring (Replace Stormwind Knight)
- Who won
- Obligatory bragging session
- Challenger Deck: How well did it perform?
- Defending Deck: How well did it perform?
- Best moments in the matches
- The Happy Hearthstone Champion Ceremony(tm)
- Questions from TK
- iTunes Reviews
Card of the Week
- Follow Scott on Twitter
- What you want to see in future episodes
- What hosts you want to visit the show
Join The Podcast
- SUPPORT the show with your contributions of time or money!
- SUBSCRIBE to The Happy Hearthstone podcast on iTunes or this RSS feed.
- FOLLOW me on Twitter or Google+
- MEET new Hearthstone friends and discuss deck strategies and the latest game news in our Google+ Community.
- PLAY with us in Hearthstone, whenever you get into the beta!