December 11, 2012
Having devoted the last 30 days to helping noobs improve in AOE, Josh and Greg want to find out if they’ve actually succeeded in building a guide to help new players. So they grab their friend Gavin Townsley who has only dabbled in AOEO and walk him through the beginner process. Along the way, Gavin asks his noobish questions, and Josh and Greg do their best to answer.
1. Which Civilization would you recommend to a new player?
2. What should I do on my first day?
3. What should I ALWAYS do when I login?
4. What community resources are there for picking the right civ, units, etc?
5. How do I prepare for PvP?
6. How soon can I play with friends?
7. My friends play Greeks and Norse. Should I play a different civ or can we be effective as the same civ?
8. Any questions about stuff to buy?
Greg is an entertainer extraordinaire, gondolier and PC Gamer contributor. Josh is a game designer at SOE and former editor for PC Gamer and the Official World of Warcraft Magazine.
Tags: Age of Empires Online
© 2013 The Game Diplomat | Theme by Eleven Themes