Warlords of Draenor is on its way, and we’re dying to know what new pets and pet battling content it’ll bring! Blizzard has been tight-lipped on official channels, but they’ve been leaking news and tidbits on various personal accounts.
Luckily, one of our own has been tracking all of the pet battle news released about the expansion! Long-time community member Eleanor jumps on the show this week, to share everything she knows with us!
- Guest: Eleanor
- Topic: Pet battles in Warlords of Draenor
- Primary Sources: @Mumper and @TheCrafticus
- Compilations: Syrella in Stiches and forum posts
- Confirmed: Dread Hatchling!
- Confirmed: Weebomination
- Rumor: Peacock
- Rumor: Corgi
- Rumor: Robot Dogs
- Rumor: Robot Sharks
What Isn’t Changing
- Pet level cap remaining at 25
- Maximum rarity is still Rare
- Pandaria content will still be relevant
- Rock-Paper-Scissor system stays
- Source #1, Source #2, Source #3
- Garrison Followers are almost like pets
- Pet Stable in the Garrison
- Pet Breeding in Stable
- Pet trainer in Stable
- Training Dummy
- No UI changes
- No Mobile version
- Anything like Celestial Tournament?
- Anything for PvP?
Hopes For The Expansion
- New PvP Modes
- Co-op Battles
- Dungeon crawls
- Achievements for convenience perks
- More regular trainers
- Non-linear gating
- Creepy undead goat pet!
Patch 5.4.7 Changes
- Wording Changes
- Critical strike abilities buffed: Hawk Eye, Adrenal Glands/Stimpack, Croak
- Rapid Fire
- Horn Gore
- Spiked Skin
- Rebuild, Healing Stream
Eleanor: “What are your thoughts on Consumable pet buffs as an idea for future expansions? For example, imagine a new type of item that has a random drop chance, even more rare than a Stone, but it grants a buff, such as +10% speed for 30 minutes only on the pet it is cast on. It could add a new level of complexity to pet battles, and cause us to reevaluate existing strategies.”
The Crew Combo
“More Money, More Problems” by Scott Banaszewski
- 1. Call Lightning: Damage, and weather changes
- 2. Swap to Lil Bling
- 3. Make It Rain: Initial damage and DoT
- 4. Inflation: Attacks and double-damage debuff (continues for 3 rounds)
500 + 50 + 72 = 622
126 + 100 + 180 = 406
252 + 100 + 288 = 640
252 + 100 + 288 = 640
Average Per Turn:
443 damage per turn
Double-damage debuff for 2 turns after (another 300 damage average)
Zooraw: “Hey, I am really enjoying the show. Please give us MORE! Thanks for the great content. I would like to see a Top 10 must have for PvE and PvP.”
Join The Podcast
- SUBSCRIBE to the WoW Battle Pet Crew podcast on iTunes or this RSS feed.
- FOLLOW me on Twitter or Google+
- MEET fellow battle pet tamers and discuss team strategies and the latest pet battle news in our Google+ Community.
- SUBMIT your ideas for a pet team we can try on the show, or your questions about what pets to use to my email.