Dragon decks are typically slow, control-heavy decks that take their sweet, sweet time killing their opponents. But Ben’s surprisingly aggro Dragon Priest deck goes straight for the throat, with some big fat dragons wading in late as backup if things stall out.
- If you enjoy this episode, please consider donating
- Look at all of The Grand Tournament cards!
- Get some help from co-host Bruggy beating the Blackrock Mountain bosses!
- Qualify for the 2015 World Championships!
- Watch my videos!
- Play Hearthstone right now!
- MYSTERIOUS Ben is on the show this week
- Topic: Dragon Priest Deck Battle!
- Reasons to be happy this week
- News: The Grand Tournament
What is a Deck Battle?
Once a month, a guest host brings their favorite deck onto the show to battle the current reigning champion deck for control of the Happy Hearthstone Deck Battle Throne!
If the challenger wins the best-of-3 series, their deck becomes the new Reigning Champion Deck and will fight off future challengers until it loses, or until it’s earned its place in the Happy Hearthstone Hall of Fame!
Defending Deck: Andrew’s Warlock Demon Zoo deck has reigned supreme for 3 months, and has beaten 2 decks before this episode.
Challenger Deck: Ben’s Dragon Priest deck goes for quick kills, but brings a few beefy dragons as late-game backup.
- 2x Northshire Cleri
- 2x Twilight Whelp
- 2x Faerie Dragon
- 2x Knife Juggler
- 1x Big GameHunter
- 2x Blackwing Technician
- 2x Blackwing Corrupter
- 2x Dragonkin Sorcerer
- 2x Azure Drake
- 1x Vol’jin
- 1x Emperor Thaurissan
- 1x Prof Boom MD
- 1x Onyxia
- 1x Ysera
In case you don’t have some of the ideal cards, here are some quality back ups and alterations you can make that keep with the same theme and strengths of the deck.
- Drakonid Crusher
- Volcanic Drake
- Shadow Word: Death
- War Golem
- Mind Control
- Shadow Word: Pain
- Dark Cultist
- Who won
- Obligatory bragging session
- Challenger Deck: How well did it perform?
- Defending Deck: How well did it perform?
- Best moments in the matches
- The Happy Hearthstone Champion Ceremony(tm)
- Tom Briscoe: Dusting doubles
- iTunes Reviews
- Jake Crawford: $10/month
- Ian Nowakowski: $5/month
- Leon Chen: $1/month
- Mike Burgess: $25
- Andrew: $25
- Pontus Welin: $10
Card of the Week
- Find Mysterious Ben on Twitter or Reddit!
- What you want to see in future episodes
- What hosts you want to visit the show
Join The Podcast
- SUPPORT the show with your contributions of time or money!
- SUBSCRIBE to The Happy Hearthstone podcast on iTunes or this RSS feed
- FOLLOW me on Twitter or Google+ or email me
- MEET new Hearthstone friends and discuss deck strategies and the latest game news in our Google+ Community.
- PLAY with us in Hearthstone, whenever you get into the beta!