Another challenger rises from the community to claim ownership of the Happy Hearthstone Reigning Deck Battle Champion Throne of Incredible Awesomeness and Gilded Wings. (We really gotta come up with a shorter name for that).
This week, Dan brings a powerful Mech Mage deck, which uses all of those fun robots from the new Goblin vs Gnomes expansion to apply fast pressure for a quick kill. It’s a fun new way to play mage, and I hope you give it a try!
- If you enjoy this episode, please consider donating
- Check out the upcoming adventure: Blackrock Mountain!
- Get better at the game with tips from Trump!
- Qualify for the 2015 World Championships!
- Watch our livestreams of Hearthstone
- Play Hearthstone right now!
- Dan is on the show this week
- Topic: Mech Mage Deck Battle!
- Reasons to be happy this week
- News: Blackrock Mountain Adventure announcement, card reveals
What is a Deck Battle?
Once a month, a guest host brings their favorite deck onto the show to battle the current reigning champion deck for control of the Happy Hearthstone Deck Battle Throne!
If the challenger wins the best-of-3 series, their deck becomes the new Reigning Champion Deck and will fight off future challengers until it loses, or until it’s earned its place in the Happy Hearthstone Hall of Fame!
Defending Deck: Dan’s Paladin Tech deck wins with slick tricks and lots of minions with special effects. His deck has reigned supreme for 1 month, and has beaten 1 deck before this episode.
Challenger Deck: Dan’s Mech Mage is an aggressive deck that wins through an immediate and punishing board presence. A strong draw can give you four or five minions on board turn 3, and your opponent racing for the Concede button.
- 2x Clockwork Gnome
- 2x Cogmaster
- 2x Annoy-o-Tron
- 2x Mechwarper
- 2x Snowchugger
- 1x Harvest Golem
- 2x Spider Tank
- 2x Tinkertown Technician
- 2x Goblin Blastmage
- 1x Mechanical Yeti
- 2x Piloted Shredder
- 1x Azure Drake
- 1x Loatheb
- 1x Piloted Sky Golem
- 1x The Black Knight
- 1x Archmage Antonidas
- 1x Dr. Boom
In case you don’t have some of the ideal cards, here are some quality back ups and alterations you can make that keep with the same theme and strengths of the deck.
- 2x Mad Scientist ()
- 2x Mirror Entity ()
- 1x Counterspell ()
- 2x Mana Wyrm ()
- 1x Flamecannon ()
- 2x Unstable Portal ()
- 1x Arcane Intellect ()
- 1x Polymorph ()
- 2x Sludge Belcher ()
- 1x Flamestrike ()
- Who won
- Obligatory bragging session
- Challenger Deck: How well did it perform?
- Defending Deck: How well did it perform?
- Best moments in the matches
- The Happy Hearthstone Champion Ceremony(tm)
- Max: Do you like Fel Reaver in Arena?
- iTunes Reviews
Card of the Week
- Follow Dan on Twitch or email him to find out more about his upcoming Hearthstone podcast, One-Eyed Cheat!
- What you want to see in future episodes
- What hosts you want to visit the show
Join The Podcast
- SUPPORT the show with your contributions of time or money!
- SUBSCRIBE to The Happy Hearthstone podcast on iTunes or this RSS feed
- FOLLOW me on Twitter or Google+ or email me
- MEET new Hearthstone friends and discuss deck strategies and the latest game news in our Google+ Community.
- PLAY with us in Hearthstone, whenever you get into the beta!