We enter the battle arena once again! This time, Adam brings his sturdy Shaman deck that took him all the way to Rank 6 in constructed play. Can Dan’s two-time champion Hunter deck withstand the onslaught?
- Watch our livestreams of Hearthstone
- Watch our interview with the devs at BlizzCon
- Read the latest patch notes
- Download the game right now!
- Adam is on the show this week
- Topic: The Muhammad Ali Shaman deck
- Reasons to be happy this week
What is a Deck Battle?
Once a month, a guest host brings their favorite deck onto the show to battle the current reigning champion deck for control of the Happy Hearthstone Deck Battle Throne!
If the challenger wins the best-of-3 series, their deck becomes the new Reigning Champion Deck and will fight off future challengers until it loses, or until it’s earned its place in the Happy Hearthstone Hall of Fame!
- The Mohammad Ali Shaman: Keep the board clear early and mid-game and punch hard later.
- How it wins: Uses early low casting cost spells to remove early threats while setting up totems and creatures for late game. It’s a slow painful death.
Five Key Cards
- Wild Pyromancer: Great mid-game removal
- Rockbiter Weapon: Remove those threats early game.
- Stormforged Axe: Great value for the cost.
- Lightning Storm: Even better with totems and Pyromancer boosting the damage.
- Fire Elemental: Close out the game with removal and beefy minions lumped together.
Full Deck List
You can get more insight into the deck by reading Adam’s guide, which goes through every single card with full explanation and advice, but here’s the simple deck list with no commentary (ordered by mana cost), if you’d rather just try it out yourself.
- 2x Flametongue Totem (2 Mana)
- 2x Novice Engineer (2 Mana)
- 2x Wild Pyromancer (2 Mana)
- 1x Defender of Argus (4 Mana)
- 2x Azure Drake (5 Mana)
- 1x Earth Elemental (5 Mana)
- 2x Argent Commander (6 Mana)
- 2x Fire Elemental (6 Mana)
- 2x Earth Shock (1 Mana)
- 2x Forked Lightning (1 Mana)
- 2x Lightning Bolt (1 Mana)
- 2x Rockbiter Weapon (1 Mana)
- 2x Stormforged Axe (2 Mana)
- 2x Feral Spirit (3 Mana)
- 2x Hex (3 Mana)
- 2x Lightning Storm (3 Mana)
In case you don’t have some of the ideal cards, here are some quality back ups and alterations you can make that keep with the same theme and strengths of the deck.
- 1x Argent Commander (6 Mana)
- 2x Loot Hoarder (2 Mana)
- 2x Mana Tide Totem (2 Mana)
- 1x Lava Burst (3 Mana)
- 1x Faceless Manipulator (5 Mana)
- 2x Bloodlust (5 Mana)
The Defending Champion Deck
Dan’s Hunter Beastmaster Deck, which relies on lots of Beast minions and solid removal spells to rush the opponent down.
The Beastmaster Deck has reigned supreme for 3 months, and has beaten 2 other decks before this episode.
- Who won
- Obligatory bragging session
- Challenger Deck: How well did it perform?
- Defending Deck: How well did it perform?
- Best moments in the matches
- The Happy Hearthstone Champion Ceremony(tm)
- Question: The best 2-mana cost minions by Craig Bowser
- iTunes Review: Lightbox22, Scott Lantz
Card of the Week
Song by Jonas
- Follow Adam on Twitter
- What you want to see in future episodes
- What hosts you want to visit the show