We smash open the mechs that are so populaer in decks at the moment and just go for their juicy technology innards in this week’s deck battle! Community listener Adam explains how his Paladin Tech deck relies on Spare Parts and a few key tricks to secure mid-game victories.
Even though it’s old, Scott’s Survival Paladin deck has proven extremely resilient on the modern ladder, and against all challengers to The Happy Hearthstone Deck Champion title! Which Paladin deck will reign supreme!
- If you enjoy this episode, please consider donating
- Get better at the game with tips from Trump!
- Get started with Hearthstone esports by watching these two matches: Savjz vs. Kolento and Savjz vs. Xixo
- Qualify for the 2015 World Championships!
- Watch our livestreams of Hearthstone
- Play Hearthstone right now!
- Adam is on the show this week
- Topic: Paladin Brawl 2: This Time With Robots
- Reasons to be happy this week
- News: Undertaker nerfs, Hearthstone wins awards at DICE!
What is a Deck Battle?
Once a month, a guest host brings their favorite deck onto the show to battle the current reigning champion deck for control of the Happy Hearthstone Deck Battle Throne!
If the challenger wins the best-of-3 series, their deck becomes the new Reigning Champion Deck and will fight off future challengers until it loses, or until it’s earned its place in the Happy Hearthstone Hall of Fame!
Defending Deck: Scott’s Survival Paladin deck wins by spewing cheap hard-to-kill and regenerating minions onto the battlefield. His deck has reigned supreme for 4 months, and has beaten 1 deck before this episode.
Challenger Deck: Adam’s Paladin Tech deck is a mid-game paladin deck that uses Spare Parts, lots of Legendaries, and some slick spells to apply pressure quickly and ensure he has the tools to finish the game on his terms.
- 2x Clockwork Gnome
- 1x Ironbeak Owl
- 2x Knife Juggler
- 2x Shielded Minibot
- 2x Aldor Peacekeeper
- 2x Piloted Shredder
- 1x Loatheb
- 2x Quartermaster
- 2x Sludge Belcher
- 1x Sylvanas Windrunner
- 1x Toshley
- 1x Troggzor the Earthinator
- 1x Tirion Fordring
In case you don’t have some of the ideal cards listed above, here are some easy-to-get backups you can use that keep with the same theme and strengths of the deck.
- Lord of the Arena (Replace Sylvanas, Troggzor the Earthinator)
- Acidic Swamp Ooze or Big Game Hunter (Replace Aldor Peacekeeper or Sylvanas Windrunner)
- Guardian of Kings (Replace Tirion Fordring)
- Who won
- Obligatory bragging session
- Challenger Deck: How well did it perform?
- Defending Deck: How well did it perform?
- Best moments in the matches
- The Happy Hearthstone Champion Ceremony(tm)
- No question this week — email me a question for next show!
- iTunes Reviews
Card of the Week
- Follow Adam on Twitter
- What you want to see in future episodes
- What hosts you want to visit the show
Join The Podcast
- SUPPORT the show with your contributions of time or money!
- SUBSCRIBE to The Happy Hearthstone podcast on iTunes or this RSS feed
- FOLLOW me on Twitter or Google+ or email me
- MEET new Hearthstone friends and discuss deck strategies and the latest game news in our Google+ Community.
- PLAY with us in Hearthstone, whenever you get into the beta!