The legendary Jake Crawford finally joins us on the show, after hiding in the donations list for months. He’s bringing some old-school cards with him and he attempts to take down the reigning champion deck with a creative Warlock deck that’s a fun throwback to the classic meta. This one’s extra fun for people that have been playing since launch!
- If you enjoy this episode, please consider donating
- Watch us interview the developers at BlizzCon!
- Watch all the official videos from BlizzCon
- Look at all of The League of Explorer cards!
- Check out our review of The Grand Tournament neutral cards and class cards!
- Watch my videos!
- Play Hearthstone right now!
- Jake is on the show this week
- Topic: Deck battle!
- Reasons to be happy this week
- News: Designer Ben Brode’s videos
What is a Deck Battle?
Once a month, a guest host brings their favorite deck onto the show to battle the current reigning champion deck for control of the Happy Hearthstone Deck Battle Throne!
If the challenger wins the best-of-3 series, their deck becomes the new Reigning Champion Deck and will fight off future challengers until it loses, or until it’s earned its place in the Happy Hearthstone Hall of Fame!
Defending Deck: Andrew’s Warlock Demon Zoo deck has reigned supreme for 7 months, and has beaten 5 decks before this episode.
- 1x Zombie Chow
- 1x Ironbeak Owl
- 2x Sunfury Protector
- 1x Big Game Hunter
- 2x Earthen Ring Farseer
- 2x Imp Gang Boss
- 1x Mind Control Tech
- 1x Defender of Argus
- 2x Piloted Shredder
- 2x Summoning Portal
- 1x Antique Healbot
- 1x Loatheb
- 1x Sludge Belcher
- 1x Emperor Thaurissan
- 1x Sylvanas Windrunner
- 1x Kel’Thuzad
- 2x Sea Giant
- 2x Molten Giant
In case you don’t have some of the ideal cards, here are some quality back ups and alterations you can make that keep with the same theme and strengths of the deck.
Unfortunately, technical issues devoured the livestream footage of the deck battle and dust bowl this week. I’m very sorry! It was a 2-0 win for Andrew’s Warlock deck. The first match was pretty one-sided, and the second match was very close.
On a related note, if anyone has a recommendation for a good mixer that doesn’t produce apocalypse-level distortion effects, please let me know 🙂
- Question: None this week!
- iTunes Reviews
- Jake Crawford: 7 card packs
Card of the Week
- Contact Jake Crawford on Twitter
- What you want to see in future episodes
- What hosts you want to visit the show
Join The Podcast
- SUPPORT the show with your contributions of time or money!
- SUBSCRIBE to The Happy Hearthstone podcast on iTunes or this RSS feed
- FOLLOW me on Twitter or Google+ or email me
- MEET new Hearthstone friends and discuss deck strategies and the latest game news in our Google+ Community.
- PLAY with us in Hearthstone, whenever you get into the beta!