While Josh is taking a short break to welcome his family’s latest cardslinger into this world, guest-hosts Scott Lantz and Redbeard take over the show and run wild! Scott whips out his obnoxious Survival Paladin deck to challenge Redbeard’s claim on the Deck King throne! Who will win? I don’t know. I barely had time to write up this post between changing diaper changes. Listen to find out!
Thanks for all of your help, Scott and Redbeard!
NOTE: This episode was recorded before Naxxramas was released. We’ll be focusing on the expansion during our next episode!
Update 12/1/14: Here is the updated card list for Scott’s Survival Paladin deck!
- Read about the 2014 Hearthstone World Championship!
- Watch our livestreams of Hearthstone
- Download the game right now!
- Scott and Redbeard are on the show this week
- Topic: The Survival Paladin deck
- Reasons to be happy this week
What is a Deck Battle?
Once a month, a guest host brings their favorite deck onto the show to battle the current reigning champion deck for control of the Happy Hearthstone Deck Battle Throne!
If the challenger wins the best-of-3 series, their deck becomes the new Reigning Champion Deck and will fight off future challengers until it loses, or until it’s earned its place in the Happy Hearthstone Hall of Fame!
The Defending Champion Deck
Redbeard’s Barbarian Warrior Deck uses weapons and fast-acting minions to put the pressure on early and keep momentum up into the mid-game.
The Barbarian Warrior Deck has reigned supreme for 3 months, and has beaten 2 decks before this episode.
Scott has crafted his own deck that he thinks can usurp this Barbarian King. To help you build his deck, he’s put together a full deck list, along with some great commentary and substitute cards in case you’re missing a few of the cards he uses.
- 2x Abusive Sergeant (1 mana)
- 2x Argent Squire (1 mana)
- 2x Argent Protector (2 mana)
- 2x Sunfury Protector (2 mana)
- 1x Aldor Peacekeeper (3 mana)
- 1x Blood Knight (3 mana)
- 2x Harvest Golem (3 mana)
- 1x Jungle Panther (3 mana)
- 2x Scarlet Crusader (3 mana)
- 1x Sen’jin Shieldmasta (4 mana)
- 1x Silvermoon Guardian (4 mana)
- 1x Cairne Bloodhoof (6 mana)
- 1x Tirion Fordring (8 mana)
- 2x Blessing of Wisdom (1 mana)
- 2x Redemption (1 mana)
- 2x Blessing of Kings (4 mana)
- 2x Consecration (4 mana)
- 2x Truesilver Champion (4 mana)
- 1x Lay on Hands (8 mana)
In case you don’t have some of the ideal cards, here are some quality back ups and alterations you can make that keep with the same theme and strengths of the deck.
- 2x Loot Hoarder (2 mana)
- 2x Earthen Ring Farseer (3 mana)
- 2x Ironfur Grizzly (3 mana)
- 1x Frostwolf Warlord (5 mana)
- 1x Sunwalker (6 mana)
- Who won
- Obligatory bragging session
- Challenger Deck: How well did it perform?
- Defending Deck: How well did it perform?
- Best moments in the matches
- The Happy Hearthstone Champion Ceremony(tm)
- Rachel: Android or iOS apps worth getting?
- iTunes Reviews
Card of the Week
- Follow Scott on Twitter and watch his videos on YouTube
- Follow Redbeard on Twitter and watch him livestream
- What you want to see in future episodes
- What hosts you want to visit the show