The Grim Patron combo is crazy. One moment your board is empty, the next its filled with drunken dwarves begging for a brawl. But it’s late-game and inconsistent. Our guest this week has built a deck that tries to supplement the Grim Patron Warrior deck with some classic mech robots that provide some early-game consistency to round out the deck.
But can it defeat the god-like Warlock Demon Zoo deck currently sitting at the top of the deck battle throne?
- If you enjoy this episode, please consider donating
- Get some help from co-host Bruggy beating the Blackrock Mountain bosses!
- Qualify for the 2015 World Championships!
- Watch my videos!
- Play Hearthstone right now!
- Jayme is on the show this week
- Topic: Warrior Mech Grim Patron Deck Battle!
- Reasons to be happy this week
- News: Tavern Brawls
What is a Deck Battle?
Once a month, a guest host brings their favorite deck onto the show to battle the current reigning champion deck for control of the Happy Hearthstone Deck Battle Throne!
If the challenger wins the best-of-3 series, their deck becomes the new Reigning Champion Deck and will fight off future challengers until it loses, or until it’s earned its place in the Happy Hearthstone Hall of Fame!
Defending Deck: Andrew’s Warlock Demon Zoo deck has reigned supreme for 1 month, and has beaten 1 deck before this episode.
Challenger Deck: Jayme’s Warrior Mech Grim Patron deck combines the best of mech consistency with the explosive Grim Patron combo Warrior is famous for right now.
- x 2x Warbot (1 mana)
- x 2x Cruel Taskmaster (2 mana)
- x 2x Mechwarper (2 mana)
- x 2x Harvest Golem (3 mana)
- x 2x Spider Tank (3 mana)
- x 2x Warsong Commander (3 mana)
- x 2x Screwjacnk Clunker (4 mana)
- x 2x Piloted Shredder (4 mana)
- x 2x Antique Healbot (5 mana)
- x 2x Grim Patron (5 mana)
- x 1x Grommash Hellscream (8 mana)
- x 2x Execute (1 mana)
- x 2x Fiery War Axe (2 mana)
- x 1x Commanding Shout (2 mana)
- x 2x Revenge (2 mana)
- x 2x Death`s Bite (4 mana)
In case you don’t have some of the ideal cards, here are some quality back ups and alterations you can make that keep with the same theme and strengths of the deck.
- x Gnomish Inventor (4 mana)
- x Tinkertown Technician (3 mana)
- x Mechanical Yeti (4 mana)
- x Whirlwind (1 mana)
- Who won
- Obligatory bragging session
- Challenger Deck: How well did it perform?
- Defending Deck: How well did it perform?
- Best moments in the matches
- The Happy Hearthstone Champion Ceremony(tm)
- No donations
- No questions
- iTunes Reviews
Card of the Week
- Send Josh your comments/questions for the elusive, mysterious Jayme!
- What you want to see in future episodes
- What hosts you want to visit the show
Join The Podcast
- SUPPORT the show with your contributions of time or money!
- SUBSCRIBE to The Happy Hearthstone podcast on iTunes or this RSS feed
- FOLLOW me on Twitter or Google+ or email me
- MEET new Hearthstone friends and discuss deck strategies and the latest game news in our Google+ Community.
- PLAY with us in Hearthstone, whenever you get into the beta!