‘Tis the season to spook yourself silly with scary, dark, and creepy games! And Steam is eager to help you find the right scare for you with their massive sale.
I went through the list (well most of it, there are over 2,000 games on sale right now!) and picked out the best spooky games for you to celebrate Halloween with!
As always, you can use this website to view all the sales easily.
The Best Deals
Do not think. If you don’t already own these games, buy them immediately.
- Darkest Dungeon ($24): Difficult party-based dungeon-crawler with madness, curses, and plenty of untimely deaths.
- Crypt of the Necrodancer ($3): Much like the famous Buffy the Vampire Slayer Episode, you have to battle a musically gifted necromancer with the power of dance!
- Plants vs. Zombies ($1): There are many ways to stop an unending swarm of zombies, but shooting them with sunlight might be my favorite.
- Haunt the House: Terrortown ($1): Step 1: Become adorable ghost. Step 2: Possess objects to terrify people. Step 3: Discover the secret bonus objective that I never did!
Recommended (With a Caveat)
Incredible games with some special requirements, minor flaws, or higher price tags.
- Bioshock: The Collection ($20): These dystopian worlds are particularly creepy because they feel plausible. You can buy them individually for about $7.
- Crawl ($10): I recommend this one every chance I get. Local-multiplayer only, but absolutely worth the hassle.
- Grim Fandango ($4): This Day of the Dead classic is more charming than spooky, but there are plenty of dead people!
- Undertale ($5): A child lost in a weird world of fantastical creatures that breaks every rule and preconception you bring to it.
- Night in the Woods ($17): Get lost in the woods, make friends, and uncover secrets of your hometown together.
- Dropsy ($3): If IT put clowns on your mind this Halloween, learn to hug again with this awkward and unnervingly friendly clown.
- Dead Space ($5): The best scifi horror around. The sequel is same price, but I haven’t played it. Might be worth grabbing instead if you want the best graphics.
So those are my favorite deals in the Steam Halloween Sale this year. I hope you enjoy them too! What are yours?